Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Inspiration 1

Doesn't Lily Cole look almost ballerina-esque in her layers of pastel chiffon?

I love looking into other people's jewellery boxes, as each piece is special and precious to the owner in its own particular way.

Karen Elson was stunning as a doll in this British Vogue editorial.


This is detailing from one of my dream dresses - clocks and armoires are embroidered along the hem.

I simply adore the skirt that this girl is wearing, captured by Facehunter.

I can't remember where I found this picture, but I love her cloud-like hair and embellished headband.

This peacock brooch has been attached to a chain to create a unique and stunning necklace.

Sasha Pivovarova exudes ethereal prettiness in my favourite British Vogue story ever. I have been hunting for vintage fabric to create a Union Jack blazer like she wears for over a year now, with no success. If anyone has any tips, let me know!

Such a delicate take on eye-makeup - pale pink feathers and a dusting of glittery shadow make for a match made in heaven.

This old military jacket was a wonderful ebay find, but prices were far too high for me when I discovered it!

I can only dream of owning a genuine beaded flapper dress one day.............

16 comments:

Romeika said...

The 1st and the last pics, such dream outfits:) I love your Vogue picks, I guess all these editorial shots were done by Tim Walker, he's wonderful!

lovely blog ^.^

Ana said...

Wonderous inspiration. I also like the clutter or lack there of in people's jewelry boxes.

Girl next blog said...

This old military jacket is perfect. It's so so so cool!

And you have a cute blog, honey!

xx

chichintern23 said...

i love those flapper dresses and the pink military jacket is so cool

Wendy said...

Lily Cole looks like a life sized porcelain doll.

PAM said...

oh the pictures are soo sweet! :) but am loving the sequined, flapper dress the most! :)

Aisha said...

That peacock brooch is great!
Great selection of fashion snaps, dear.

Here's my new URL:
http://nerdy-trendy.blogspot.com/

The Clothes Horse said...

Awesome inspiration! I love every picture you posted. Lily is particularily fantastic!

Trish said...

Cool picture picks! Lovely blog, btw! :D
Happy new year, loves. :)

luceeey said...

flapper dresses = my ultimate favourite, and that military jacket is what i could only dream of owning.
lovely pictures
lucy

Noel said...

Love the peacock brooch :].

issa said...

great inspiration shots... i do so want a military jacket too!

have a happy new year!!

maisie #1 and #2 said...

great images. that military jacket is a gem!

Penelope said...

Great inspiration. I especially adore the pics with the girls wearing headbands. :)

* f l u f f * said...

Ah I love old military jackets. . . Got two vintage ones from the Norwegian Military (one from the marine and one from the air-force), found them in a thrift store, the price was close to nothing. . .

Jennifer said...

Beautiful photos! Love the last picture of the flapper dresses and headbands!! Do you remember where the picture came from? Was it a British Vogue issue? I'm trying to track down the retail source.

Thanks!