Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Jingle Jangle Bangles

My favourite accessory is definitely an armful of bangles. Rarely do I leave the house with less than 5 - I have been known to wear as many as 30 at a time!

To me, their rhythmic jingling, jangling, clicking and clanking is almost soothing, and I actually find it much easier to type or write with them on my wrist. My friends even joke that they can hear me coming from the sounds that they make!!

I do not find that they hinder me in any way, but maybe I have adapted to their constant presence and weight.

Although most of them started out in sets, I enjoy mixing and matching shades, materials and textures.

Whether metal, beaded, glass, embossed, filigree, silk thread, enamel, wood, plastic, crystal, mother of pearl, I love them all!!!









15 comments:

Luna Supernova said...

oh my word i LOVE those photos!!!

when i was a kid, my mother would let me pick out 2 indian bangles everytime we went to a particular shop.

did you use an actual polaroid to take these pics or are they digitally altered?

kerrin said...

girl i'm right there with you on the bangles...there's practically nothing better!

Lluviaschick said...

dries van noten propose necklaces made with bracelets for next season. quite original idea.

Lee Jones said...

haha i want them all!!

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

oh my goodness, your blog is amazing! i love it so much!!
bangles..ah i used to wear sooo many..but i stopped...but i cannt remember why.
oh yeah, i saw your post below, AMAZING BADGES!! well done you! :)

**ane** said...

I love your style!
:3

La Femme Chic said...

I love the idea of mixing the shade, materials, etc. The pictures were great too.

in company with sparkles said...

Lovely bangles - I like the Indian ones. It's a good habit ;)

erin meagan said...

bangles are SO fun and jingly!
thanks for commenting, i really appreciate it! :)

Cory K said...

Lovely photos. but bangles are perfect accessories!
& love the blog (;

fashion as we know it said...

those are sooooo beautiful. the thing i love about bangles are the noises that they make whenever you move your arm:D
love your blog btw:D

zoe. said...

i love those photos
and the bangles are really nice, i love how u arranged them :)

Katie said...

so many! i wish i had that many bangles, these pictures are awesome

Vi said...

I love bangles too, but I never could pull off that look. I always see people walking about with just a plainw white shirt, skinny jeans, and sandals, and then BAM! an armful of bangles. I've always liked that look, but could never pull it off, haha.

Laurent said...

whoa!i really2 love your bangles and all accesories..
and amaze how you can arrange all your stuff.im a big fan of those cutie thingy too but after i wore it i dunno where to find it again*in my room*..its like somewhere here and somewhere there.. envy you.
xoxo - www.summerlicious.co.cc