Monday, 29 May 2017

The Best Chocolate Brownies


Hello!

I thought I'd kick this blogging malarkey off with one of my favourite things to bake - chocolate brownies!

While I will freely admit that I'm not the best cook in the world (without a recipe I tend to go a bit awry...), I am a pretty good baker. I was given this The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook in September 2009 for my birthday and as I went off to uni, and you can probably tell from the picture above that it's been well-loved over the past 8 years! 

I don't tend to make the frosting as I find them chocolate-y enough on their own, and I've adapted the recipe slightly over the years. They're my go to if I need to bring along cake or dessert to any occasion and I'm at the point now where they're requested!

With only six ingredients they are extremely easy to make and they taste amazing too!

So, here we go...

Ingredients
300g caster sugar
3 eggs
72g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
150g melted butter
100g chocolate chunks


1. Preheat your oven to 170°C (325°F).



2. Beat the sugar and eggs together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.






3. Add the flour and cocoa powder and beat until everything is well mixed.




4. Pour in the melted butter and mix through.




5. Stir in the chunks of chocolate by hand.



6. Spoon the mixture into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.



7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is firm but the centre is still soft.


8. Slice and enjoy!!


There you go! Easy and delicious! 


Do you have a favourite thing to bake? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Parie said...

These look incredible and easy to make!!! Xx

Monthly Favourites: May 2017

It's June tomorrow (how???), so I thought I'd do a round up of some of my favourite things from the month of May! I'...